Town of Parker 2016 Calendar Photo Contest is in progress, so if you have a great digital photograph that captures the true character and beauty of this town, don’t miss the contest’s deadline of October 23. The 2016 calendar photo contest is an annual event that is open to local residents as well as individuals from neighboring communities. The winning images will be featured in the 2016 calendar.
Photo Contest rules and guidelines:
- Digital images can feature anything that showcases life in Parker including wildlife, natural landscapes, events, people enjoying life, people conducting business, unusual architecture, and more.
- Each contestant may enter five images that meet the contest’s criteria.
- Images must have been taken inside of the following zip codes: 80134 or 80138.
- Images cannot contain a date stamp or any type of caption or text.
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old to enter. If individuals under the age of 18 would like to participate, please have a parent or guardian submit the images on behalf of the minor.
To submit digital images, upload the images to the website prior the contest deadline of October 23. Please note that horizontal images with a high resolution are preferred.
Creative and Artistic
Parker is committed to promoting and supporting creativity and artistic talents. If you consider yourself to be an artistic person, you appreciate the creative talents of others, and/or you like the idea of living near an officially designated creative district, this is the place to be. Here are a couple of examples of their commitment to promoting the creativity and the arts:
Paint Parker Mural Project: The Police Department, Parks and Recreation Department and Cultural Department have made a commitment to sponsoring the Mural Project. The project is designed to encourage local artists to help cover areas that have been tagged with graffiti within the town. The Mural Project is open to artists interested in creating a mural in a designated location and in coordination with the Parks and Recreation Department. Artists are paid a stipend for their time and talent.
Emerging Creative District: The State Economic Development Commission recently designated Parker CO as an emerging creative district. This is exciting news for the residents. The Town will receive assistance to build a creative district that will draw residents and visitors from areas near and far.
This creative, artsy and unique environment is a fantastic place to live and offers a huge number of benefits that can’t be found in other Colorado communities.